28 September 2009

Off The Grains - Result

Well its been a while now since I decided to try and see if not eating grains made any kind of difference to me personally.

I was 99% good !

And 1% bad....

Well we can't all be perfect. Especially not me!

I mostly didn't eat any kind of grain at all. I lapsed on a very few occasions, such as croissants... a cheese and marmite sarnie.....small bits of rice... testing a bit of a peanut butter cookie I made for a friend...

I actually do feel a bit less stiff, and in particular much less bloated. But the pain levels are the same. As a result I will definitely continue to eat a lot less grains, in particular ones containing gluten, as the less bloated feeling is much more comfortable all round.

I have some very good tasting gluten free wholegrain organic pasta made by
Doves Farm in the UK. They make a fantastic range of very high quality organic flours and related products, which I use whenever I can.

I have also almost completely cut out sugar, but I always put honey in my drinks etc anyway. Maybe this has also helped with reducing the stiffness slightly, its hard to tell. However I ate very little sugar before reducing it.

But I definitely feel less bloated and therefore more comfortable.

And I have lost 10lbs ! Which is a big bonus for my joints and muscles and my back.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting blog Sophii!
    I came across your site as i was googling 'yeast' Galway .Cud anyone tell me were i can get some wine making equipment but at bthis time specifically yeast!!
    I need it for making rowenberry wine and cannot locate a place to buy the yeast. Would anyone be able to tell me where i can get it,is it available locally and unfortunately i needed it yesterday!!!
    regards Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie !
    I'm so pleased that you found it interesting.
    I see that you also read Sophiislife blog and make wine, wonderful. I have thought about Rowan wine this year..
    I buy my wine yeast from a supplier in the UK. I met them via Ebay but I know phone or email them direct and simply transfer the money to them via Paypal. It's simple, safe and fast. I can vouch for this supplier to look after your details, as not only is paypal safe, but I have bought from them many times myself.
    They are called Castlegate Stores, and the telephone number is 0044 1423 865800. This is with the UK code in front for you. The lady there is lovely and feel welcome to use my name (Amanda Norton) to explain how you heard about her. Maybe I should give her a plug on my Sophiislife blog !
    If you need any more info please feel free to email me at sophiiireland@gmail.com
    Many thanks again and I hope this was helpful.

    PS if you cant wait for postage - try Boots in Galway ? There is also a winemaking bits supplier in Sligo who sells online and posts stuff.. but its not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also Angie - There is a new forum attached to the SophiisLife blog, a food forum. It would be a great place to ask questions etc. Its still tiny but hopefully will grow fast if more people use it.

    ReplyDelete